Christmas photography themes
I absolutely love taking Christmas photos! I start planning for the backdrop in October to allow for delivery of any backdrops.
Choose your styling/colours/decorations/props/dress ups!
Order or buy decorations (I love Kmart for this!)
Set up a part of the salon so it is always there ready to go and takes a limited amount of time.
Remind clients that you will not be taking photos of stressed pets, they go straight into the carrier.
- White Christmas
- Picture with Santa/Santa’s chair/sleigh
- Greenery such as a forest and snow
- Cosy Christmas (inside, fire, tree, warmth)
- Colourful Christmas (red, green, white)
- Toy Christmas/Christmas morning
- Food Christmas
- Gold or silver
- Lighting and presents
- Aussie- Beach, Santa hat, sand snowman
- Scandinavian- White, textures, pink
- Gift unwrapping- pet inside a gift
- Bedtime stories- bed, book, night lighting
- Vintage- Green, gold, tartan, antique colours
- Neutral colours- Snow (white ivory or crème) with browns, textures
- Creamy tones- Beige, warm shades of brown, ivory, textures
- Night before Christmas
- Nightmare before Christmas
- A bed, fur or sleigh for pets to sit on (must be comfy)
Photos courtesy of Lexie Goldsmith and Anjie Coates
Client Present Ideas
There are so many things you can do for your clients at Christmas. Presents are to be small but show appreciation to your clients for a year of loyalty. It’s good to keep them under a few dollars, as when you have hundreds of clients, it can really add up. It is also a good idea when starting out, not to spend a large amount for only a small client list, as once your business booms, you will have those customers’ expectations.
Just a couple of ideas:
- Bal-ball with photo or something inside such as a lock of their hair
- Handmade treats
- Tree decoration/ornaments
- Jar with treats inside
- Pets photo
- Christmas bow ties
- Christmas scarf
- Soap for owners
- Toy- Red and green mice, or feather toy
- Fish treats
- Christmas cracker
- Paw prints on presents
- Photo frames
- Coupon for January
- Keychain photo of pet
- Christmas card with photo of their pet
- Mini stockings
- Raffle tickets into a large hamper for a December booking
- Random presents on a tree they can choose out
- Cat mint/cat grass/catnip plants
- Cat masks for owners
- Collar charms
And of course there are endless things you can do with a cricut machine
- Personalised treat jar
- Carrier tag
- Pet safe candle
- Personalised food mat
- Personalised bowl
- Personalised brush/comb
and my carrier tags last year…
Have fun! It helps change of routine can help prevent burnout over the busy period.
Who am I?
I’m Lexie Goldsmith,
My slow introduction and low stress handling techniques have been proven over 14 years of grooming cats without sedation and many happy clients, being the go-to cat groomer in my state.
I am contacted regularly by people all over the world wanting to learn cat grooming from me, and this makes me excited to see students now grooming cats with my videos, instructions and support.
I am a Qualified Veterinary Nurse, Pet Stylist and Master Cat Groomer, available for your cat grooming education needs.
Come join me on your cat grooming journey, I promise you will not be disappointed, I have a 30day money back guarantee for all courses.
More information on my courses here
Leave a Reply